Effective Date: June 18, 2021
Last Updated on: June 18, 2021
Introduction and Scope
Peerless Umbrella Co, Inc. (“we,” “us,” “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring you have a positive experience on our website. This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) describes how we handle information that can be used to identify you (“Personal Information”), which may include your name, address, email address, phone number, marketing preferences, opinions, etc. This statement applies to this website and our mobile applications, and provides guidance to visitors and users of the Site who are residents of the European Union (“EU”), the European Economic Area (“EEA”), and/or the state of California about the nature of the personal data/personal information we collect and process about them. Our Statement is designed to comply with applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), to ensure the privacy and security of personal information. All terms referenced in this Statement not otherwise defined are defined by their meaning under the GDPR and/or the CCPA.
This Statement does NOT apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any website operated any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Site. By accessing or using this Site, you agree to this Statement. This Statement may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Site after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates. By using our websites, mobile apps, and services, you hereby consent to these terms.
This Privacy Statement describes how we collect, use, share, and protect your Personal Information, and the choices you have regarding your Personal Information. We encourage you to read this Privacy Statement and to consult our Privacy Office.
- Sources of Personal Information
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
- Customer Specific Disclosures
- How to Contact Us
- Privacy Statement Updates
1. Sources of Personal Information
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information”).
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We receive Personal Information from the following:
Information You Provide Us Directly. We collect personal and transactional information (purchase-related history) which you provide us directly, for example, in connection with a purchase, or a promotion.
The information collected from a cookie is sometimes called “clickstream.” We use this information to understand how our users navigate our Sites, and to determine common traffic patterns, including what other external sites the user is visiting from. We may also use this information to make site navigation and product recommendations and to help redesign our Sites, better personalize content, banner ads, and promotions that you and other users will see in an effort to make your experience on our Sites more efficient and enjoyable.
Information We Receive from Other Parties. We may obtain information about you from other sources for purposes such as prospecting and/or enhancing the information you have provided.
To learn more about automated tracking technologies, visit our Privacy Office.
Our Sites are intended to be used by other businesses and adult customers. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information about minors under the age of 13 (or under the age of 16 for California residents). No information should be submitted to or posted on our Sites by minors.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
Personal Information may be used for the following purposes:
Our Products & Services. We use Personal Information to process and fulfill your orders, refunds or exchanges, requests for products, services or information, and to provide customer service.
Other Uses. We use Personal Information for other reasons, including conducting sales research and analysis; preventing or mitigating fraud and credit risk; and complying with legal matters, investigations, and applicable laws and regulations.
3. How We Share Your Personal Information
Except as outlined below, where required by applicable laws, we will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent.
We may share your Personal Information with other parties in the following instances:
With Our Third Parties: To process transactions or provide products or services on our behalf, including but not limited to providers of product delivery services (for example, UPS and FedEx) and website analytics (for example, Akamai).
For Marketing Purposes: To notify you of offers for products or services that may be of interest to you. We do not share credit card or other financial information for marketing purposes.
For Corporate Transactions: In connection with a merger, acquisition or sale involving all or a portion of our company.
4. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
a. To Stop Certain Collection and Use of Your Personal Information:
Marketing Emails, Texts and Mail
You can stop promotional emails from us by using the “unsubscribe” link on our promotional emails.
You can stop marketing text messages, by replying “STOP” our promotional text messages.
You can stop promotional postal mail by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interest Based Advertising
Some of our websites support Interest Based Advertising efforts by Third Parties. Industry groups such as the Digital Advertising Alliance have developed services to help you manage your Interest Based Advertising preferences.
You can opt-out of tracking used to understand website utilization provided by Siteground (our hosting provider) by visiting https://www.siteground.com/privacy.htm.
Do Not Track
Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you send a request to websites to not track your online activities. We, like many other retailers, may not honor those requests.
To Change or Correct Your Personal Information
At any time, you can request access to your personal information, request that any inaccuracies be corrected, or request that comments or explanations be added to records about you.
You may contact us with changes as described in the How to Contact Us section. To prevent unauthorized changes, we may ask for certain information to verify your identity before we process such requests.
Although we will do our best to make your requested changes, in some cases for example, if it requires a disproportionate technical or practical cost or effort or if it conflicts with our legal obligations or business requirements, we may be unable to do so completely. Should this occur, we will communicate that to you.
5. How We Protect Your Personal Information
We employ reasonable technical, physical and administrative safeguards to protect your Personal Information and require Third Parties with whom we work to do the same. However, we cannot guarantee your information will be completely safe against unauthorized access. Please use caution when sharing your information with others and take appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality of your username and password.
If you think the Personal Information you provided to us has been improperly accessed or used, or if you suspect that unauthorized purchases have been made on our websites using your Personal Information, please Contact Us immediately.
Our websites may contain links to, or plugins or widgets from, social media or other websites operated and maintained by Third Parties. These properties, which we do not control, operate independently and have their own privacy practices and statements, which we encourage you to review.
6. Customer Specific Disclosures
a. Contract Customers
If you are a contract customer and would like to opt-out of receiving promotional postal mail and/or email from us, please notify your Account Manager. You may still receive promotional postal mail or email from other affiliated companies and Third Parties if they have received your email or postal address from other sources or as a result of their own transactions or experiences with you. You will also continue to receive promotional postal mail or email if you request to hear from us again.
b. Nevada Residents
Under Nevada SB 220, Nevada residents may submit an opt-out request regarding the sale of their Personally Identifiable Information (PII) collected through a website or online service. Where applicable, you may submit your request to Opt-Out of the sale of Personal Information to Third Parties by submitting a request at: email@example.com.
c. California Shine the Light Law
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83–1798.84 California residents may request the names and addresses of affiliated companies and categories of Personal Information we share for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please Contact Us.
d. California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
California residents have the following rights:
1. The Right to Disclosure
We have collected the following categories of personal information from our consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|Categories of Personal Information as defined by CCPA||Do we collect this type of Personal Information?||Purpose of collecting the Personal Information||Specific Personal Information that may be collected||Categories of sources from which the personal information is collected||Is this category of Personal Information shared with third parties?||Categories of third Parties with which the Personal Information may be shared||Purpose of selling or sharing Personal Information||Can you opt out of this sharing?|
|Identifiers||Yes||To uniquely identify an individual in support of business activities
|Names, Account ids, addresses, email addresses, IP addresses, device identifiers, tax exempt numbers||From you
Credit Reporting Agencies
|Yes||Shipping companies||Business processes||No|
|Commercial Information||Yes||To support business transactions||Quotes, sales transactions||Your transactions with us||Yes||Shipping companies||Business processes||No|
|Biometrics||In limited circumstances||Fraud protection||Behavioral biometrics and device usage||From you||No||N/A||N/A||N/A|
(If you access our websites or mobile apps)
|To allow access to and optimize our websites||Access to our properties||From you||No||N/A||N/A||N/A|
(If you access our websites or mobile apps)
|Personalization||Unique identifiers and your location and ZIP code||From you and your devices||No||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Recordings (e.g., audio, video)||Yes (If you call customer service or visit our offices)||Customer service, fraud prevention||Voice and CCTV recordings||From you||No||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Professional or employment-related information||Yes||For employment and credit purposes||Employment history including companies and job titles||From you||Yes||Prior employers and background check services||Employment background||No|
|Education Information||Yes||For employment and credit purposes||Educational history including schools and programs||From you||Yes||Verification services||Employment and credit verification||No|
|Inferences||Yes||Personalization||Product affinities||From you and external data sources||In limited circumstances||Marketing partners||Marketing||Yes|
California residents may submit a Data Disclosure request by:
- Submitting an online request here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submitting a phone request by calling 1-973-578-4900
2. The Right to Deletion of Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
California residents may submit a Data Deletion request by:
- Submitting an online request here: email@example.com; or
- Submitting a phone request by calling 1-973-578-4900
3. The Right to Opt-Out of the sale of Personal Information to Third Parties
Peerless Umbrella does not sell Personal Information as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
4. The Right to not be Discriminated Against Based on Exercising any of the Above Rights
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to fulfilling the above requests. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
5. Authorized Agent(s)
Authorized Agents may submit requests on behalf of a California resident using the above processes and providing the appropriate documentation.
As an additional resource, you may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional questions related to the rights granted under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
e. Canadian Residents
We consider “personal information” to be information about an identifiable individual. We do not consider public information found in directories and listings, or business names, addresses and/or contact numbers to be personal information.
We have adopted, as Company policy, the 10 personal information privacy principles stated in the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information. The 10 principles are:
Reason for Collection
Limiting User, Disclosure and Retention
Interest Based Advertising
Some of our websites support Interest Based Advertising efforts by Third Parties. In Canada industry groups such as Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada have developed services to help you manage your Interest Based Advertising preferences.
f. European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) Residents
Peerless Umbrella and its affiliated companies are based in the United States (U.S.) and the information Peerless Umbrella and its service providers collect is governed by U.S. law. If you are accessing the Services from outside of the U.S., please be aware that information collected through the services may be transferred to, processed, stored, and used in the U.S. Data protection laws in the U.S. may be different from those of your country of residence. Your use of the services or provision of any information therefore constitutes your consent to the transfer to and from, processing, usage, sharing, and storage of your information, including Personal Information, in the U.S. as set forth in this Privacy Statement.
As residents of the EU and/or EEA, you will have certain additional rights with respect to your Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation including:
- To access the Personal Data we maintain about you;
- To be provided with information about how we process your Personal Data;
- To correct your Personal Data;
- To have your Personal Data erased;
- To object to or restrict how we process your Personal Data; and
- To request your Personal Data to be transferred to a third party.
Interest Based Advertising
Some of our websites support Interest Based Advertising efforts by Third Parties. In Europe industry groups such as European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance have developed services to help you manage your Interest Based Advertising preferences.
Exercising Your GDPR Rights
To exercise the above rights, please contact us at the Privacy Office. We will consider and process your request within a reasonable period of time. Please be aware that under certain circumstances, the GDPR may limit your exercise of these rights.
We will retain your EU Personal Information for as long as your account is active, as needed to provide you services and to fulfill the purposes for which the data was collected, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations and fulfill our business needs.
7. How to Contact Us
Please direct any questions, complaints or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement and our treatment of your Personal Information to any of the following:
Primary contact by email: email@example.com
Alternate contact by phone: 1-973-578-4900
or by writing to:
Peerless Umbrella Co, Inc.
427 Ferry St
Newark, NJ 07105
Upon receiving a written request, we will contact you directly, investigate your request, and work to address your concerns. We will respond to your request without undue delay. We reserve the right to take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to granting access or processing changes or corrections.
8. Privacy Statement Updates
This Privacy Statement may change from time to time, and we will post on our websites any updated Privacy Statement. Recent changes to the Privacy Statement are documented below. Each version of this Privacy Statement will be identified by its effective date displayed at the top of this Privacy Statement.
What has changed:
June 17, 2021 – Initial Release.